Are you a talented writer and editor interested in contributing to one of America’s leading public policy think tanks? We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time writer to support the fundraising department’s efforts to build, cultivate, and maintain strong relationships with donors and prospects who share AEI’s core values: free people, free markets, limited government, economic opportunity for all, and a strong American role in the world. In particular, this position will focus on drafting, editing, and preparing written proposals, reports, and other communications for individual, foundation, and corporate donors across the range of AEI’s scholarly areas of focus.
The ideal candidate possesses first-rate writing and communication skills, with an excellent command of grammar, usage, tone, and other stylistic features; a strong ability to proof and edit copy; and the ability to meet tight deadlines, multitask, and thrive under pressure. AEI seeks an energetic, entrepreneurial individual, who is highly organized, comfortable with complex policy issues, skilled at distilling dense material, and comfortable mastering the art of writing in another person’s voice. The ideal candidate has at least 2–4 years of professional writing or communications experience in a business, academic, public policy, journalistic, nonprofit, or government setting. Title and salary are commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit an online application to www.aei.org/jobs, complete with a cover letter, resume, and 500-word writing sample.
• Excellent command of grammar, usage, style, and tone
• First-rate organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
• Superior proofreading and editing skills
• Comfortable with complex policy issues and skilled at distilling dense material
• A keen interest in current events, public policy, and AEI’s mission
• Interest in promoting the fundamentals of free enterprise
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint); experience in publishing/design software or donor-management software is a plus